- 100 gram crackers, crushed
- 3 tbsp sugar, brown or caster
- 50 gram butter, melted
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp agar-agar powder
- 200 ml water
- 200 gram fresh blueberry
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp blueberry jam
- 1 tsp lime juice
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 180 celcius.
- Mix all pie crust ingredients with fork until they become slightly moistured. Place it in the baking mold or pie mold as the base. Press slightly until they stuck together in the bottom.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. After that, take it out and leave to rest and cool down.
- Keep the oven on and make sure temperature stays on 180 celcius.
- For custard filling, in a mixing bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar until smooth and creamy. Then add flour, mix together until it dissolve. Add milk and vanilla flavor into the mix and stir gently.
- Move the mix from mixing bowl to a pan. Cook with low heat and stir until it boils. Turn off the heat and keep stirring for about 5 minutes. Leave for another 5 minutes to cool down.
- Pour the warm mix into the crust in the mold. Put them back into the oven for 20-30 minutes until the custard is set and no longer liquid. Turn the oven off and take out the pie. Leave to rest and cool down.
- It is necessary to leave the custard to cool and set because if you pour the blueberry topping on top, it can mix together. So, make sure it has cool down but not too cold. Leave to rest for about 30 minutes before making the blueberry topping.
- For blueberry topping, mix blueberry and water and cook for 15-20 minutes, until blueberry is a bit soft and the water turned purple.
- Mix agar-agar powder and some water until dissolved completely and no more powder in sight. Pour the mix into blueberry water and then add sugar and lime juice. Stir and cook until boiled and then turn the heat off. Continue stirring and also add blueberry jam. Leave for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the blueberry topping on top of the custard pie. Leave them for 1 hour and then put them into the refrigerator for better set and hold.